Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ServiceBus meets VMBus

For a while ago, I announced that I should present you with a power point presentation discussing the IT-pro and Windows Azure. Since there is so much happening right now, I decided to postpone that one a bit. Waiting for the SCVMM 2012 (vNext or whatever it may be called), that would combine all from Azure, Hyper-V, Failover Cluster, and also App-V, and the new Server Application Virtualization.

In the meantime, I have done some testing (crash-testing) on Azure.
It`s been quite interesting to see how a VM running in a VMRole on Windows Azure could be used together with the rest of our infrastructure.
I have tested various scenarios.

-          SharePoint installed on VMRole connected with our on-premise SQL server
-          SCVMM Self Service Portal on a VMRole connected with our on-premise VMs
-          Our own LOB application on a VMRole connected with our on-premise VMs

I will share my experience with you later.

Cheers,

No comments: